Friday, May 1, 2009

Star Trek Movie!

The excitement is building, the Star Trek movie comes out in 1 week, 05-07-09.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqXd6haFYqU

Great trailer, I've got high hopes for the movie. I'll be watching it at an IMAX.
What can I say about Star Trek? Mr. Spock inspired me to get into science, like so many others I worked with at Fermilab. Gene Roddenberry's vision of the future, where man could travel through the galaxy, a place without prejudice, where the Earth was at peace, captured my imagination.
Of course, there was that whole Janice Lester thing -- women couldn't command a starship, but after seeing (and what's more to the point, hearing) Captain Janeway, maybe that wasn't such a bad idea. And I couldn't imagine anyone else in command but James Tiberius Kirk. You've got to love that name, the Tiberius addition was shear genius.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I didn't know Spock inspired you! No wonder you greeted all of us with the Vulcan "live long and prosper" sign... :0)

I am totally looking forward to this movie, and X-Men but that's a different story... (Wolverine!!)

DalkullanJewelry said...

Well, I take my Trek seriously. (-:
Do you like X-Men? I find it too violent, although the first one was pretty cool, I liked the school for X-Men (and X-Women).

DalkullanJewelry said...

This is sort of funny, but also more than a little frustrating. As of June 2, I still haven't seen Star Trek. I'm going to be drummed out of Star Fleet. lol

DalkullanJewelry said...

Finally saw Star Trek! WooHoo! It's was wonderful, very action packed and terrific special effects.
Could have done without the awful slug thing, though.